ABLLS-R and VB-MAPP are two communication assessment tools for children with significant language delays. They are based on a very specific behavioural view of language learning which is presented in the one-day workshop. Both assessments are very helpful and informative for teachers of children with Autism and children with significant language delays. Details are provided on how to administer, score and interpret these assessments which are suitable for verbal and nonverbal children.
Participants will be enabled
- To apply a verbal behaviour approach to the assessment and teaching of language and communication skills
- To administer, score and interpret both communication assessment tools
Course Outline and Content
- The application of a verbal behavioural approach to the assessment and teaching of communication and language skills
- How to administer, score and interpret the ABBLS assessment tool
- How to administer, score and interpret the VB Mapp assessment tool
The course is open to
- Teachers working in classes for student(s) with Autism in a mainstream setting
- Teachers in special schools who are currently working with student(s) with Autism or significant language delay
- Full-time Resource/Learning Support teachers who are currently working with student(s) with Autism or significant language delay
Information for Applicants
Participants will require permission from the Board of Management to attend. Typically, substitution for this seminar will only be allowed to classroom teachers with primary responsibility for students with a special educational need and if it is deemed absolutely essential by the Principal. Typically substitution will only be allocated to non - substitute teachers. Payment is not available to teachers in a substitute capacity.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Registration: 8.45 AM
Start: 9.15 AM
Finish: 3.30 PM