Inclusive Teaching and Learning, Primary
The Special Education Support Service (SESS) is presenting a one-day seminar which will provide professional development for Teachers in mainstream Primary schools. This seminar will explore the issue of inclusive education in Primary schools.
- Be aware of current trends and priorities in relation to inclusion
- Reflect on leadership and management in the context of inclusion
Course Outline and Content
- Current trends and priorities in relation to inclusion
- Leadership and management in the context of inclusion
- Planning, roles and responsibilities
- Models of provision and effective leadership
- Deploymment of Resources
Information for Applicants
Participants will require permission from the Board of Management to attend. Typically, substitution for this seminar will only be allowed to classroom teachers with primary responsibility for students with a special educational need and if it is deemed absolutely essential by the Principal.
Typically substitution will only be allocated to non - substitute teachers. Payment is not available to teachers in a substitute capacity.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Registration: 8.45 AM
Start: 9.15 AM
Finish: 3.30 PM