- The website of the Prader Willi Syndrome Association Ireland (PWSAI)
- The Prader-Willi Syndrome Association, Uk
- Prader-Willi Syndrome Association, US
- Prader-Willi Alliance of New York
Documents relating to a study published in March 2017 by The Prader-Willi Association of Ireland
PWS Research previously conducted in Ireland:
1. Educating Students with Prader-Willi Syndrome. This research was conducted by Dr. Colin Reilly and you can access an article based on it at: https://pwsaireland.files.
2. There has been ongoing research by the Paediatric Endocrinology Team at the National Children’s Hospital, including by Prof. Hilary Hoey, Prof. Edna Roche and Dr. Judith Meehan. This work includes the first Irish national study of children with Prader-Willi Syndrome.
A selection of research publications from this group includes:
Sleep abnormalities in children with Prader-Willi Syndrome. Not available online, but has been published in the papers of the European Society for Paediatric Endocrinology Scientfiic Meeting, 2005.
A Comprehensive Study of Irish Children with Prader-Willi Syndrome ages 2-14 years. This is not available for free online, but this has been published in the International Journal of Paediatric Obesity, 5, (1), 2010, p. 60.
New Approaches in Prader-Willi Management. Accessible at: https://www.icgp.ie/assets
3. Mental Health Problems in Children with Prader-Willi Syndrome. This research was led by Dr. Norbert Skokauskas and you can access the article based at:
- Butler, M.G., Lee, P.D.K. and Whitham, B.Y. (eds.) (2005) Management of Prader-Willi Syndorm (3rd edn), Newe York, Springer.
- James, T. N. and Brown. R. I. (1992) Prader-Willi Syndrome: Home, School and Community, London: Chapham and Hall.
- Waters, J. (1999) Prader-Willi Syndrome: A Practical Guide (Resource Materials for Teachers Series), London: David Fulton Publishers.