- Reading and Children with Sight Loss, Bermingham, S. (2005) , paper presented to the conference on Childhood and Disability: Inclusion in the Mainstream (2005), organised by the National Disability Authority, download from: http://www.nda.ie/cntmgmtnew.nsf/0/5D5B7CDA80DF742E802570A4005835E3/$File/Siobhan_Bermingham_paper.doc
- Understanding Usher Syndrome: An Introduction for School Counselors, DiPietro, L.J. (2002) New York: Helen Keller National Center.
- Supporting Young Adults who are Deaf-Blind in their Communities, Everson, J. (ed.) (1995) Baltimore, MD: P. H. Brookes Publishing.
- Fighting Blindness: provides information on eye conditions including Usher syndrome, website: http://www.fightingblindness.ie/
- Functional Implications and Environmental Modifications with Students who have Usher Syndrome, Jordan, B. (2000) New York: Helen Keller National Center.
- Usher Syndrome in the School Setting, Miner, I. and Cioffi, J. (1997) New York: Helen Keller National Center.
- Independence without Sight or Sound, Sauerburger, D. (1993) New York: AFB.
- When you have a Visually Handicapped Child in your Classroom: Suggestions for Teachers, Torres, I. and Corn, A.L. (2002) New York: AFB.