- Friedreich’s Ataxia Society Ireland (FASI): The Society provides ongoing help and support to the families of those with Friedreich’s and other Genetic Ataxias, website: http://www.ataxia.ie
- Central Remedial Clinic, Ireland: provides a range of specialised services for children and adults with physical disabilities, website: http://www.crc.ie/
- Enable Ireland: provides services for children and their families, which cover aspects of a child’s physical, educational and social development from early infancy through to adolescence. Enable Ireland also provides services for adults, website: http://www.enableireland.ie/
- Offaly Centre for Independent Living.
- The CARA Adapted Physical Activity Centre works at a strategic level to influence and support the policies and programmes of agencies involved in the provision of sport, physical activity and physical education for people with disabilities. It is a join initiative between the Irish Sports Council and IT Tralee: http://caraapacentre.ie.
- Assistive Technology Overview:
Click here for an overview of assitive technology
- The PDST Technology in Education has a section on technology and special needs
Click here for the PDST Technology in Education website
- Ataxia UK: provides support for people affected by ataxia and funds research into causes and potential treatments, website: http://www.ataxia.org
- National Ataxia Foundation: provides information on ataxia to persons with ataxia, ataxia families, caregivers, the medical community, researchers, and others, who are interested in ataxia, website: http://www.ataxia.org
- Friedreich’s Ataxia Research Alliance (FARA): serves as a catalyst in public, private, scientific and patient-family communities, to build worldwide support and collaborations that drive medical research advances for Friedreich’s ataxia, website: http://www.curefa.org
- Friedreich’s Ataxia Parents Group: provides support and advice for parents, who have children with Friedreich’s Ataxia, website: http://www.faparents.org/fapg/
SESS Book Borrowing Library
Click here for SESS Book Borrowing Library