Seminar begins: 9.15 AM
Seminar concludes : 3.45 PM
ABLLS-R and VB-MAPP are two communication assessment tools tailored specifically for children with language impairments and Autism. They are based on a very specific behavioural view of language learning which is presented in the one-day workshop.
Both assessments are very helpful and informative for teachers of children with Autism. Details are provided on how to administer, score and interpret these assessments which are suitable for verbal and non-verbal children.
Participants will learn :
How to apply a verbal behaviour approach to the assessment and teaching of language and communication skills
How to administer, score and interpret both communication assessment tools
Course Outline and Content
The application of a verbal behavioural approach to the assessment and teaching of communication and language skills.
How to use the VB Mapp assessment tool
How to use the ABBLS assessment tool
Information for Applicants
The course is open to
- Teachers working in classes for student(s) with Autism in a mainstream setting
- Teachers in Special Schools who are currently working with student(s) with Autism
- Full-time Special Education Teachers who are currently working with student(s) with special education needs
- Participants will require permission from the Board of Management to attend. Typically, substitution for this seminar will only be allowed to classroom teachers with primary responsibility for students with a special educational need and if it is deemed absolutely essential by the Principal
- Typically substitution will only be allocated to non - substitute teachers
- Payment is not available to teachers in a substitute capacity
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.