Please Note: Applicants should pay particular attention to the order of the application process and in particular to Point 3 below.
In the Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS), pupils are taught to communicate a need by exchanging an image, thus helping to enhance the pupil’s communication abilities and understanding of the function of communication.
The system was designed for young and preverbal children and follows eight defined stages.
The method also encourages the pupil to initiate spontaneous communication.
Further information on the PECS system is available on www.pecs.com.
Pyramid UK is providing a series of 2-day PECS workshops in Ireland during 2018/2019
Professional Cost: €430 for 2018/2019
1. Teachers need to apply in advance through the SESS Professional Development Support.
2. Teachers need to allow at least 6 weeks for SESS to process their application.
3. Once approved, teachers should apply and pay for a place from PECS (www.pecs.com )
4. Courses are available in 2018/2019 as outlined in the table above
5. On completion of the course, teachers should apply to SESS for a refund of the fees, including a receipt of the fees, a copy of their Certification of Participation and a completed SESS evaluation form.
PECS Level 1 Training (Basic) 2 Day Workshop