Seminar begins: 9.15 AM
Seminar concludes : 3.30 PM
Course description – this course is designed to provide teachers with an understanding of the foundations of behaviour, models and functions of behaviour. Participants will understand the importance of data gathering which requires collaboration with other key personnel in the school community and wider community.
Course Aims –
- Acknowledge that behaviour is an identified additional need as per SET guidelines 2017.
- Behaviour occurs along a continuum and can be supported as such.
- Participants will recall the key foundations of behaviour - definitions and influences.
- Identify the models of behaviour
- Understand that behaviour is a form of communication and has a function
- Understanding the function of behaviour is key in responding to it
- Identify necessary data required
- Know, in specific school contexts, who collects data and where is stored
- Collate data
- Analyse data
- Create a student plan using the data
Using the workshop model participants will be guided through the process of:
- Data analysis
- Developing a student profile
- Individualised student behaviour planning
- Designing recommendations for better learning
- Target setting
Information for applicants – this course is designed for Set teachers, SENCO’s, Year Heads, School Management