Seminar begins : 9.15 AM
Seminar concludes : 1.00 PM
The main purpose of this seminar is to provide guidance to Post Primary school leaders on the use, organisation and deployment of additional teaching resources for pupils with special educational needs. This guidance is provided in the context of a revised model for allocating special education teaching resources which is being introduced by the Department of Education and Skills in September 2017. This guidance is provided in the context of a revised model for allocating special education teaching resources which is being introduced by the Department of Education and Skills in September 2017.
Course Outline and Content
Leadership and management in the context of inclusion
Planning, roles and responsibilities
Models of provision and effective leadership
The three-step process of: identifying pupil’s needs through the NEPS Continuum of Support Process, meeting these needs, monitoring, reviewing and reporting on progress
Information for Applicants
This course is open to:
- Principals of mainstream Post Primary and Special Schools
- Participants will require permission from the Board of Management to attend. Typically, substitution for this seminar will only be allowed to teaching Princpals and if it is deemed absolutely essential
- Typically substitution will only be allocated to non-substitute teachers
- Payment is not available to teachers in a substitute capacity
- Appropriate clothing and footwear are required for the practical sessions
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.