The TEACCH Transition Assessment Profile (TTAP)—Second Edition is an assessment for older children, adolescents and adults with autism with special emphasis on transitional needs. Teachers can use this tool to assist individuals with autism to prepare for a successful adult life (i.e. personal development, recreational living, adult integration into employment and residential arrangements, etc.). It includes both an initial formal assessment instrument and an ongoing informal assessment instrument.
- be able to administer, score and interpret the T-TAP
- be enabled to use the information from this instrument and other informal assessment strategies in developing an effective transition plan to create positive adult outcomes for individuals with an ASD.
Course Overview / Content
The formal assessment will help teachers identify the individual's initial transition goals, his/her strengths and weaknesses, and can be used to facilitate educational and transitional planning. Emphasis is on evaluating the six major functional skill areas within three different contexts, direct observation, home and school/work
The informal assessment is a tool for the development of appropriate transition goals and objectives within community-based instruction settings. Using it, providers will compile a "Cumulative Record of Skills" (CRS) to help identify individual vocational preferences (even for individuals with limited communication skills) and to serve as a functional resumé.
Information for Applicants
- This course is open to
- Post-primary teachers working in classes for student(s) with ASD in a mainstream setting
- Teachers in special schools who are currently working with student(s) with ASD
- Full-time Post-primary Resource/Learning Support teachers who are currently working with student(s) with ASD
Participants will require permission from the Board of Management to attend. Typically, substitution for this seminar will only be allowed to classroom teachers with primary responsibility for students with a special educational need and if it is deemed absolutely essential by the Principal.
Typically substitution will only be allocated to non - substitute teachers. Payment is not available to teachers in a substitute capacity
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Registration: 8.45 AM
Start: 9.15 AM
Finish: 4.00 PM