SESS-Funding for Post-Graduate Courses for Teachers
As part of it professional development support, SESS makes funding available for post-graduate programmes:
1. Post-Graduate Course in Applied Behaviour Analysis
This post-graduate programme is available through Trinity College Dublin. SESS may fully fund a limited number of places. To be considered for these fully-funded places teachers must:
- be qualified teachers and registered with the Teaching Council
- hold a permanent position or contract of indefinite duration in the school
- have completed the SESS Contemporary Applied Behaviour Analysis course
- possess a post-graduate certificate in Autism (or higher).
2. Post-Graduate Courses for Teachers of Pupils who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing
Courses are available through distance education at the University of Birmingham, Mary Hare and Oxford Brookes University (Westminster Institute of Education) and the University of Manchester. SESS may also consider funding alternative distance education post-graduate programmes on application.
3. Post-Graduate courses for Teachers of Pupils with a Visual Impairment
Courses are available through distance education at the University of Birmingham and the University of Wales, Newport. SESS may also consider funding alternative distance education post-graduate programmes on application.
Funding related to the post-graduate programmes outlined above may be provided by SESS for the following:
- Individual College Fees
- Books (to a maximum of €127 )
- Travel & subsistence expenses, paid on submission of receipts and in accordance with DES guidelines.
Applications should be made through the SESS Professional Development application form below: