Resources related to the teaching of pupils with special educational needs are provided under the headings below. These will be developed on an ongoing basis.
- Teaching Methods and Organisation
- Behaviour Management
- Curricular Material
- Transition from Primary to Post-Primary
- SESS Book Borrowing Online
- School Self Evaluation (SSE)
- Language and Literacy
- Miscellaneous Resources
- CPD Audit Tool
- SESS Functional Language and Communication Resource
- Primary Language Curriculum
- New Model for Teacher Allocation - Primary
- New Model for Teacher Allocation - Post-Primary
SESS Functional Language and Communication Resource
Special Education Support Service has developed a resource which teachers can use to inform the planning for, monitoring and evaluation of students’ functional language and communication development. It can be used to support other relevant language programmes, or to assist with differentiation for individual students. SESS would like to acknowledge the Mid-West School for the Deaf, Limerick, who developed and piloted this resource, as well as Holy Family School for the Deaf, Cabra, Dublin.