- Applied arithmetic and measurement [PDF - 63KB]
- ‘Have a Go’ Card [PDF - 7KB]
- Mathematics - Weblinks [PDF - 90KB]
- The Challenge of Maths Vocabulary [PDF - 23KB]
- Click here to access information compiled by SESS in relation to Maths assessments
- Click here to access some useful websites in relation to Maths at primary [PDF - 96 KB]
- Click here to access some useful websites in relation to Maths at post-primary [PDF - 91 KB]
- Click here to access the NCCA website with subject guidelines, to include Maths, for teachers of pupils with general learning disabilities (primary and post-primary)
Classroom Resources: This section is split into three component parts:
- A variety of worksheets on the topic of Money,
- Some sample worksheets on Measurement (length, weight, capacity), and
- A number of different versions of the 100-square.
Note: The worksheets included here are samples only, they are not a scheme of work, and there is a wide variation in the level of difficulty. Please feel free to adapt and edit to best suit your own needs and the needs of your students.
Also remember, where possible, to use real materials e.g. coins, objects, maths equipment, etc.
100 square (and now they are square!)
|100 Square [PDF - 51 KB]||100 Square: Odd & Even [PDF - 52 KB]||100 Square: Multiples of 3 [PDF - 53 KB]||100 Square: Multiples of 4 [PDF - 53 KB]||100 Square: Multiples of 5 [PDF - 53 KB]|
To view PDF documents you will need to download Adobe Reader from the Adobe website.