Seminar begins : 9.15 AM
Seminar concludes : 3.30 PM
- This seminar focuses on using iPads and Apps to help students with Autism to achieve curricular targets in the primary curriculum and in post-primary Level 2 Learning Programmes. It is suitable for teachers of students with Autism in Primary, Post-Primary, Special Class and Special School settings.
- Be able to plan for, and use, Apps to help students with Autism to achieve curricular targets for students with Autism in the primary curriculum and in post-primary Level 2 Learning Programmes.
Consider how Apps can be used to support teaching and learning in relation to the challenges associated with Autism
Become familiar with some iPad accessibility and management features
Demonstrate practical examples of incorporating Apps into teaching in order to achieve curricular targets for students with Autism.
Information for Applicants
The seminar involves using iPads and Apple apps and not Android devices. iPads will not be provided. Participants should bring a fully charged and wi-fi enabled iPad, passwords and an iTunes account for the downloading of Apps.
To participate in the workshop element, participants will need a basic knowledge of how to use an iPad. Because of time constraints, the seminar will not cover technical issues relating to iPad use in any detail.
This course is open to:
- Teachers working in classes for student(s) with Autism in a mainstream setting
- Teachers in special schools who are currently working with student(s) with Autism
- Full-time Special Education Teachers who are currently working with student(s) with Autism
- Participants will require permission from the Board of Management to attend. Typically, substitution for this seminar will only be allowed to classroom teachers with primary responsibility for students with a special educational need and if it is deemed absolutely essential by the Principal. Typically substitution will only be allocated to non - substitute teachers. Payment is not available to teachers in a substitute capacity
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.