Webcast: 'The Metacognitive Teacher and Learner: An Introduction to Metacognition in the Classroom'
This webcast examines the important role which Metacognition can play in learning and teaching. It has four main sections:
- What metacognition is and why it is important in teaching and learning
- Metacognitive strategies for use by students and teachers
- How metacognition can benefit students with special and additional learning needs
- Ideas on how to implement metacognition in schools
'Evidence Informed Instructional Interventions for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder'
Special Education Support Service (SESS) is promoting autism awareness by highlighting both resources and evidence informed interventions to support the learning and teaching of students with autism in Ireland.
SESS has developed a video (20 mins) to demonstrate a number of evidence-informed instructional interventions that teachers working with students with Autism Spectrum Disorder in Ireland may draw upon to promote and facilitate development and learning.
Education Online from The Ear Foundation - Nottingham
The Ear Foundation is an independent charity that helps deaf people and their families make the best use of technology to improve hearing, communication and spoken language. They do this through:
- Family and Clinical Services
- Carrying our Research
- Advocating for access to the latest hearing technologies
The Ear Foundation provides access to resources and Online presentations that are free to download.